Would you rather?

GM Vanish

• Administrators

Would You Rather?

1. The first player poses a "Would you rather?" question with two options.
2. The next player chooses one option and explains why they made that choice.
3. After giving their response, the player poses a new "Would you rather?" question for the next player.
For example:

Player 1: Would you rather have the ability to fly or be invisible?
Player 2: I would rather have the ability to fly because I've always dreamed of soaring through the sky and exploring the world from above. It would be an incredible experience!
My question: Would you rather have the power to time travel or read minds?

And so on. The game continues with each player presenting a new "Would you rather?" question and providing their own response.

Teleportation:

Hmm, well If I were to teleport, I'd either fuse my molecules with air molecules when I reappeared or displace them.

Going by that the preferable second option, If I had the ability to displace whatever is at the point of my destination, there would be another massive inconvenience: it will be very loud.
For example; Instantaneously displacing air creates a shockwave, which not only makes a thundering noise but can also damage fragile objects, and if I were to instantly displace the space in the object it would of course explode.

Mindreading:

I wouldn't mind being able to read minds, providing that I could turn the ability off. Otherwise, the inability to ignore the background thoughts of others would drive me insane.

Question:

Would you rather have a photographic memory or be amazing at sports?

• Like 1

• Game Master

Be Amazing at sports 

-  To become amazing at sports means you'll have a good physical fitness, teamwork and social interaction. That is way more desirable than simply having photographic memory. If you have a photographic memory, it may be difficult to let go of past mistakes or negative experiences, as they are ingrained vividly in your mind.

Q: Would you rather have the ability to speak and understand all languages fluently or have the ability to understand what animals are saying, but they cannot understand you?

• Like 1

I would rather be capable of understanding animals, even if they won't be able to understand me back. My fellow pet owners would understand; especially when they're sick with something!!

A lot of things go unnoticed or misunderstood even if we can be fluent in every language - in my opinion, the practical uses doesn't warrant itself being chosen over the power to fully take care of animals

Q: Would you rather be a deaf musician or a blind artist?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Answer: Deaf Musician

From my perspective, I believe that blindness poses greater challenges. While being a deaf musician can involve struggles with perceiving and experiencing sounds in the same way as others, they can still create music through sensing vibrations, using visual cues, and collaborating with others who can assist in the auditory aspects.

Personally, I have deep-seated fears regarding blindness. The thought of losing the ability to see is difficult to comprehend. It raises concerns about being unable to enjoy activities like playing games such as RO, where visual elements are crucial. It feels as though many of the things I currently take pleasure in would become inaccessible. As a result, I hold a sense of empathy and profound respect for blind individuals, knowing that their strength surpasses my own.

Question:
Would you rather have the power to control fire or control water?

• Like 1

• Game Master

Answer: I would rather be able to control water over fire. 100%

It seems like this would be the obvious answer for me considering we are surrounded by water much more than we are with fire. Contemplating the fact that over 70% of the earth's surface is covered by bodies of water and that most living organisms consists of water, I would guess that such a choice would grant me limitless access to almost everything 🤭

Question: Would you rather have fingers as long as your legs, or legs as short as your fingers?

• Like 1

Answer: Fingers as long as legs.

The options would be limitless with the fun I could have. Giving people the middle finger would be glorious! I'd strengthen them fingers and learn to run at people like a spider on them.

Question: Would you rather be able to talk to animals or know every human language?

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Answer:

Talking to animals, similar to Chelly, would be awesome. Being able to communicate with animals is a fascinating concept. However, I do hope that I wouldn't need to bark like a dog for them to understand me.

Question:
Would you rather have the power to time travel once or have the power to pause and unpause time anytime you like?

• Administrators

Answer:

I would rather have the ability to pause and un pause time anytime I'd like. If I was able to time travel once, I would probably go way back in history or into the modern future.. Either way I would be alone, as all my friends and family would be stuck in my original time, and I would feel out of place. On the other hand, being able to pause and un pause time would literally give me the ability to do whatever I ever wanted in life. Extra time to study, or even walk to the teacher's desk and get the test answers. I could do heroic stuff, like stop hostage situations, etc. The possibilities are endless. 

Question:

Would you rather have the power to heal others or the power to teleport anywhere in the world?

Edited by GM Flex

Answer: Teleportation   

I could complete so much more of my world domination plan with that than if I could heal people. 

Question: Would you rather have an ingrown nail on every finger and toe or have permanent super itchy allergy eyes?   8D

• Game Master

Answer: Super itchy allergy eyes, because I am already suffering on eye allergy once in a while. I think I can somehow endure it. 

Question:
Would you rather have the power to change your past or the power to predict the future?

Answer: Predict the future.

The past is what made me who I am today so I'd rather be able to change the future so the world is a better place and people don't have suffer like so many others.

Question: Would you rather always have diarrhea or constipation? XD